A Grant native is dead after Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) State Troopers said he was hit and killed on Saturday evening.
Troopers said at 8:45 p.m., Christopher A. McCray, 34, was walking in the roadway on U.S. 431 in Marshall County when he was hit by a 2017 Toyota 4Runner.
McCray was pronounced dead at the scene. Troopers said the driver of the 4Runner was not injured.
The wreck happened on U.S. 431 at the 303 mile marker, which is about two miles north of Guntersville.
The wreck is currently under investigation by State Troopers, but as of now, no charges have been brought against the driver of the 4Runner.
- Pedestrian hit and killed in Marshall County
- Pedestrian killed in Limestone County
- Pedestrian hit, killed in DeKalb County while changing tire
- Marshall County man killed after tractor trailer hit his vehicle
- Pedestrian killed crossing Decatur street
- UPDATE: Huntsville police identify pedestrian hit and killed
- Pedestrian hit and killed when trying to cross Patton road
- Pedestrian hit and killed by train in Athens
- Pedestrian hit and killed by RV in Decatur
- Pedestrian hit, killed in wreck on Memorial Parkway in Huntsville