A pedestrian, 34-year-old Troy Dewayne Aldridge, was hit by a vehicle south of Lacey's Spring on Tuesday. He was airlifted to Huntsville Hospital, and his condition is unknown.
The incident happened when the pedestrian was trying to cross the Southbound lane of Highway 231 south of Lacey's Spring. Friends of Aldridge said that he was leaving a funeral and headed back to his house across the street when the accident happened.
Troy Aldridge; photo courtesy of Corey Morrow
"It was just a freak accident kind of deal. You know? Wrong place, wrong time," said Aldridge's friend Corey Morrow.
Everyone in the community said they are praying and hope he is okay.
"If everybody had the same lookout and mentality about life as Troy than the world would be a better place," Morrow added.
Another woman who lives in the area told us he is an important man to her children.
"I' d tell him I love him very much. I'm praying for him that he pulls through and that God sends him back," said Tina Gore.
Alabama State Troopers told WAAY 31 Aldridge was hit by a Toyota Tacoma, and the driver of that truck stayed at the scene.
State troopers are handling the case.
An account has been created at Peoples Bank in Aldridge's mother's name, Dona Johnson, for donations to help with expenses like the burial.
- Pedestrian hit south of Lacey's Spring
- Firefighters busy responding to fires in Lacey's Spring, Union Grove
- Roads in Lacey's Spring clear up after flooding
- Homeowners in Lacey's Spring still dealing with flooding issues
- Alabama State Troopers: 1 dead in wreck near Laceys Spring
- Dollar General having free giveaways at new Lacey's Spring store
- Morgan County sheriff: Help find truck stolen in Lacey's Spring
- Morgan County sheriff: Laceys Spring traffic stop finds pills, paraphernalia
- Bad car tag leads to drugs, gun bust in Lacey’s Spring
- Traffic alert: Wreck with injuries slows traffic in Lacey’s Spring