Pay raises for Huntsville's mayor, city council president and city council members were approved 4-1 Thursday night during a meeting. Councilwoman Jennie Robinson was the only 'no.'
According to the mayor's office, Tommy Battle's salary will increase from $136,000 to $176,000, the council president's salary will increase from $39,000 to $49,000 and the city council members' salaries will increase from $33,000 to $44,000 each.
The ordinance says the raises will take effect Nov. 2, 2020.
Below is the ordinance that passed Thursday night. (Mobile/App users, click here)
- Pay raises approved for mayor, Huntsville City Council
- Huntsville City Council president proposes pay raise for Mayor Battle
- Huntsville City Council upholds mayor's veto of pay raise
- Huntsville City Council president overriding mayor's veto on pay raises
- UPDATE: Huntsville mayor says he'll veto pay raise approved by city council
- Huntsville City Council approves new pay scale for city employees
- Huntsville City Council upholds mayor’s veto of pay raises for council members
- Huntsville mayor vetoes raises for himself, city council
- Huntsville City Council to vote on whether to override mayor's veto of pay raises
- House approves teacher pay raise