The Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles says a Shoals area serial rapist must stay behind bars.
The board on Tuesday denied parole for Kerry Kent, who is serving a life sentence for rape and sodomy convictions from the 1990s in Lauderdale and Colbert counties.
Victims advocates from the Shoals and Lauderdale County District Attorney Chris Connolly wrote letters and traveled to Montgomery to contest Kerry's release.
Kerry will be up for parole again in 2024.
- Parole denied for Shoals area serial rapist
- Jury selected in trial of accused Shoals serial rapist
- Rain, storms impacting Shoals area
- State: Lauderdale County serial rapist used illegal prison cell phone to plot escape
- Cypress Shoals West recreational area is almost underwater
- Shoals Area Crime Stoppers trying to catch Sheffield package bandit
- Muscle Shoals area recovering from flooding with clean-up help
- Study: Some Shoals-area cities should consider service mergers
- I-Team: Parole denied for three people convicted for crimes in north Alabama
- Parole board says Neelley has not waived parole hearing