The Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles says a Shoals area serial rapist must stay behind bars.
The board on Tuesday denied parole for Kerry Kent, who is serving a life sentence for rape and sodomy convictions from the 1990s in Lauderdale and Colbert counties.
Victims advocates from the Shoals and Lauderdale County District Attorney Chris Connolly wrote letters and traveled to Montgomery to contest Kerry's release.
Kerry will be up for parole again in 2024.
- Parole denied for Shoals area serial rapist
- Jury selected in trial of accused Shoals serial rapist
- Alabama board denies parole for Lauderdale County convicted rapist
- Alabama parole board denies release for Franklin County rapist, Madison County robbers
- Rain, storms impacting Shoals area
- State: Lauderdale County serial rapist used illegal prison cell phone to plot escape
- WAAY 31 I-TEAM: Convicted Lauderdale County killer denied parole
- Shoals area schools delayed due to flooding
- Shoals area music legend Donnie Fritts dies
- Alabama girl, 10, fought off attempted rapist