A woman is being treated for burns at the University of Alabama Birmingham hospital.
Decatur Fire officials tell WAAY 31 it happened just after 2:30 Monday morning at a house on Bromwich Street SW. There was one person inside at the time of the fire. Officials tell us somehow the woman’s oxygen tank caught fire and burned her. She was taken by ambulance to Wilson-Morgan Park where she was then flown by helicopter to UAB.
Fire crews are investigating.
- Oxygen tank catches fire, burning a woman
- Truck catches fire in Huntsville
- Garbage truck catches on fire
- Structure catches fire in Pisgah
- The Curiosity rover detects oxygen behaving strangely on Mars
- Tesla tanks on Consumer Reports reliability study
- Car overturns on Memorial Parkway, catches fire
- Arby's on University Drive catches fire
- Car catches fire on Governors Drive
- Historic home catches fire in Florence