UPDATE: As of 11:50 a.m. cleanup is ongoing. Both westbound lanes are open and one eastbound lane is open.
Right now, eastbound and westbound lanes are blocked on U.S. highway 72 at Joe Wheeler Drive due to a wreck.
Alabama Department of Transportation officials say eastbound traffic is running on the shoulder of the road but westbound lanes are completely shut down right now.
ALDOT officials say they hope to have the westbound lane running on the shoulder by 10:00 AM. The roadway is expected to be completely clear by noon.
- Overturned 18 wheeler causing traffic delays
- 18 Wheeler wreck on US Highway 231
- Huntsville police say vice president's visit could cause traffic delays
- Traffic alert: Wreck causing delays on Memorial Parkway
- Traffic Alert: Wreck at Rideout Road in Huntsville causing delays
- Traffic alert: Accident causes delays at California, Whitesburg
- Madison police: Wreck on Madison Boulevard causing traffic delays
- Closings and delays for Jan. 18
- Traffic alert: Overturned chicken truck blocking roads in Colbert County
- Traffic alert: 18-wheeler overturns in southern Morgan County