UPDATE: As of 11:50 a.m. cleanup is ongoing. Both westbound lanes are open and one eastbound lane is open.
Right now, eastbound and westbound lanes are blocked on U.S. highway 72 at Joe Wheeler Drive due to a wreck.
Alabama Department of Transportation officials say eastbound traffic is running on the shoulder of the road but westbound lanes are completely shut down right now.
ALDOT officials say they hope to have the westbound lane running on the shoulder by 10:00 AM. The roadway is expected to be completely clear by noon.
- Overturned 18 wheeler causing traffic delays
- 18 Wheeler wreck on US Highway 231
- Closings and delays for Jan. 18
- Traffic alert: Roadwork could cause delays in Limestone, Morgan counties Monday
- Interstate 65 lane closure causing delays
- Rain causes delays for cotton crops
- Rain causes delay to road work projects
- Sewer work to cause traffic troubles
- Jeep overturns on Meridianville road
- Alabama court overturns death sentence