Photo Gallery 6 Images
UPDATE: 3/11/19 at 3:40 p.m.
The restaurant's manager tells us the Outback Steakhouse is open for business.
3/8/19 at 9:56 p.m.
A viewer who tells us she is the daughter of the driver says her mother is diabetic and had not eaten, which caused her to black out.
According to Sheffield police, a woman drove through Outback Steakhouse around 7 p.m. Friday.
Sheffield police say a 70-year-old woman pulled up to park, and they believe she accidentally pressed the gas and accelerated into the building. Police say one employee was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, and the driver refused to go to the hospital.
The restaurant tells us the person taken to the hospital was not an employee. The restaurant says they will try to open again Saturday night and Sunday, but they will decide at a later time.
- One person taken to hospital after vehicle wrecked into Outback Steakhouse in Sheffield
- One person hospitalized after New Market wreck
- One person sent to the hospital after wreck in Huntsville
- Vehicle wreck smashes mailbox, hydrant and utility pole; hospitalizes driver
- Storm damage reported in Sheffield
- Sheffield delays smoking ban vote
- One person dead in Athens car wreck
- One person dead in early morning wreck
- Single vehicle wreck investigated by state troopers
- Multi-vehicle wreck shuts down Highway 20