UPDATE: The victim has been released from the hospital. Law enforcement officials have a person of interest, but no arrests have been made.
The shooting happened at a residence on Turnpike Road, and someone drove the victim to the store, where they asked for help. The store owner hit a panic button, calling 911. According to law enforcement, they have a person of interest, but this person is not in custody.
According to Albertville Fire and Rescue Chief Brad Hix, they assisted Albertville police on a call of a shooting at the intersection of Highpoint Road and Oneonta Cut-Off Road.
Hix said the victim was a male in his mid-20's and was airlifted to Huntsville Hospital with a gunshot wound to the hip. He said the man was found in a truck parked at a convenience store called High Point Grocery. He said it was not clear if that is where the man was shot or not.
WAAY 31 will update as more information is known.
- UPDATE: Man with gunshot wound transported to hospital from Albertville convenience store
- Decatur man charged with convenience store robbery
- Killen convenience store damaged by fire
- 2 injured in Huntsville convenience store shooting
- Coroner: Elkmont shooting victims died from single gunshot wounds
- Man charged in Albertville shooting
- Person shot in Albertville
- Albertville man charged with trafficking meth
- Judge dismisses Albertville man’s murder charge
- Albertville man charged with child abuse