A man was arrested after Huntsville Police said he robbed the Marco's Pizza on Bob Wallace Avenue Saturday night.
Huntsville police said Bryan Stewart, 20, was arrested and charged with robbery.
Officers responded to the restaurant about 11 p.m Saturday. Investigators on the scene said they got a call about a person who came in with a gun and stole cash and a blue bank bag.
Police said after Stewart ran from the pizzeria, they set up a perimeter and was able to quickly track down the suspect. They also recovered the gun he was armed with at the time of the robbery.
Investigators said no one at the store was injured in the incident, and no shots were fired in the store.
Though the man is in custody, workers said they're still shaken up.
"It's wild! I never thought it would happen where I work. It's one of the things you don't actually think about until it actually happens," Cameron Curry, who has worked at the pizzeria for years, said.
Curry says he's concerned for his safety even though the store owner says this kind of incident has never happened before.
"Yeah! A little bit! I try not to think about it, but this is life. It definitely puts it in your mind that we live in a crazy society," Curry said.
Store owner Tim Brown says the store is not an easy target because of the security policy they have and the cameras that helped police catch the suspect within minutes of getting the call. Not only that, Brown mentioned the store doesn't carry a lot of cash, so there wouldn't be much to gain.
Still, he's considering changing their policy to prevent workers from taking breaks outside late at night in order to keep them safe. Curry just says he's just relieved the suspect was caught.
"I'm glad they found the guy because if they didn't who knows where else he would go," Curry said.
Curry says he's glad nobody got hurt and warns others to stay alert.
"The world is crazy out there. Stay on guard and be safe," Curry said.
- Huntsville police: Marco's Pizza armed robbery suspect in custody
- Madison police respond to armed robbery late Thursday at Marcos Pizza on Highway 72
- Huntsville police looking for suspects in armed robbery at Domino's Pizza
- Huntsville Police looking for suspect in Facebook Marketplace armed robbery
- Decatur police arrest armed robbery suspect
- Police: Two in custody for armed robbery at Decatur business
- Huntsville police investigating robbery
- Suspects wanted after armed robbery at Huntsville store
- Suspect wanted after armed robbery at Huntsville GameStop
- Huntsville police arrest GameStop robbery suspect