A man is behind bars and another in the hospital following a wreck on Drake Avenue.
Shortly before midnight, Huntsville Police said they spotted a car speeding on Drake Ave. heading east. When officers reached the car, they found it had crashed and flipped onto the roof.
Huntsville Police said the driver was speeding down Drake Avenue before the car flipped onto its hood.
The driver has been identified as Jonathan Sanchez, 24, of Huntsville. He was arrested at the scene.
Huntsville Police said because he was involved in the wreck, Sanchez was transported to Huntsville Hospital for examination before he was taken to jail.
Huntsville-Madison County Rescue Squad was called in to help free the passenger whose arm was pinned near the steering wheel. He was taken to Huntsville Hospital with minor injuries.
Officers shut down both eastbound lanes on Drake Avenue while they worked the wreck.
Sanchez has now been charged with driving under the influence of a combined substance and possession of marijuana in the second degree.
- One injured, one jailed in late-night Huntsville wreck
- Teenager injured in late night wreck
- Rogersville man killed in late-night wreck
- Car in late night wreck catches fire, causes power outage
- Huntsville police officer injured in wreck on Interstate 565
- Deputy shares similar experience after wreck injures Huntsville officer
- Man charged with late-night shooting in Huntsville
- Late-night wreck knocks out power in Moores Mill, Chase area
- Downtown Huntsville wreck knocks over pole
- 1 dead in early morning Huntsville wreck