A shooting early Monday morning sent a man to the hospital.
Huntsville Police said a man was shot near the intersection of Virginia Boulevard NW and Wind Avenue NW around 2:45 a.m.
Investigators said multiple shots were fired and left several shell casings strewn along Wind Ave.
Ryan Haskell told WAAY 31 he was hanging out with a friend just down the road from the shooting. He said after he heard the gunshots and saw that a man was injured, he called 911.
"It was a total shock. Total shock. I mean, I was just hanging out, minding my business. Next thing you know, somebody's getting shot. I have a daughter in the house. It's crazy," Haskell said.
Huntsville Police are still searching for whomever is responsible for the shooting. If you know anything about the crime, contact investigators.
- One hospitalized in early morning shooting
- Early morning Huntsville wreck sends three people to the hospital
- Man hospitalized following shooting
- Woman shot in the head during early morning Huntsville shooting
- Man in critical condition after early morning shooting
- Huntsville man in serious condition after early morning apartment shooting
- 1 hospitalized in Huntsville shooting
- Early morning fire destroys apartment unit
- Crews battle early morning fire in Elkmont
- Business destroyed in early morning garage fire