UPDATE: According to Trooper Chuck Daniel, Scotty Moss was arrested at 4:15 p.m. Wednesday under charges of reckless murder for Jason Reed’s death and DUI assault for his 16-year-old passenger.
A roadway in Limestone County is back open this morning after a deadly crash Tuesday night.
The crash happened at the corner of Zehner Road and Quinn Road outside of Athens. Lloyd Jason Crawford Reed was killed in the wreck.
According to Limestone County sheriff's deputies, the crash happened when Reed's vehicle and another vehicle, driven by Scotty Dale Moss, collided. Reed was pronounced dead at the scene and a passenger in his vehicle was airlifted to Huntsville Hospital.
Moss and the passenger in his vehicle were not injured.
There is no word yet on why the collision happened or if either driver was wearing their seatbelt.
- UPDATE: One fatality after car wreck Tuesday night
- Fatal motorcycle wreck near UAH
- UPDATE: Highway 67 re-opened after fatal multi-vehicle wreck
- Update:Police identify victim in fatal Huntsville wreck
- Car in late night wreck catches fire, causes power outage
- UPDATE: One woman dead after car wreck in Florence
- Florence woman indicted after fatal wreck
- Morgan County deputies wreck update
- Florence man killed in Friday night wreck
- Rogersville man killed in late-night wreck