Photo Gallery 1 Images
WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO; Surveillance footage is courtesy of Discount Daddies
According to Huntsville police, a woman, 20-year-old Lashaundra Logan, is dead after a wreck around 3:19 p.m. on Blake Bottom Road at Highway 53.
Police say the driver was heading westbound in a 2006 Honda Civic on Blake Bottom Road at Highway 53 when he ran a stop sign while crossing over Highway 53. This caused him to lose control of the car, which flipped over multiple times into a field on the west side of Highway 53, police say.
According to police, Logan, a passenger in the back seat, was trapped in the car after the wreck. She was pronounced dead at the scene, and the driver, 19, and the front seat passenger, 18, were taken to Huntsville Hospital with serious injuries, police say.
Huntsville police say surveillance footage was obtained of the wreck, and it shows the car running the stop sign and crossing over Highway 53 at a high rate of speed without slowing down. Police say multiple witnesses gave statements to the same effect.
Logan’s family has been notified of her death.
WAAY 31 spoke to Michael Thompson, who works near the intersection of Blake Bottom Road and Highway 53. He said he heard the wreck from inside the building and ran out to see what happened.
"I heard a loud bang. We were out there. There was a car. There were occupants in the car. I just wanted to make sure everybody was alright," Thompson said.
Thompson said he brought water and paper towels out to the two teens who survived the wreck and that he's sad to hear this happened to someone so young.
Huntsville police said they will provide more details on Thursday about the wreck.
- One dead, two critically injured after wreck in Huntsville at Blake Bottom Road, Highway 53
- Traffic Alert: All lanes of Blake Bottom Road at Highway 53 reopened after wreck
- Driver arrested after deadly wreck on Blake Bottom Road in Huntsville
- Woman critically injured in wreck on Highway 431 in Huntsville
- Madison County receives $9.3 million to expand Blake Bottom Road
- Two people injured in wreck at Old Railroad Bed Road and Highway 53
- Traffic Alert: Highway 53 closed southbound after wreck
- Traffic alert: Blake Bottom Road shut down for dump truck extraction
- Patient critically injured in wreck on Sunswept Circle in Huntsville
- One dead in wreck on Highway 72 in Huntsville