Huntsville Police are investigating a fatal wreck that shut down part of Pulaski Pike Friday morning.
Investigators said the driver, Marvin Jackson, 31, of Huntsville, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police told WAAY 31 that the car was traveling at a high rate of speed when it crashed into a utility pole shortly before midnight.
A female passenger had to be freed from the vehicle before being rushed to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police closed down Pulaski Pike between Winchester Road and Cedar Point Drive while they worked the wreck.
- One dead, one hospitalized in wreck on Pulaski Pike
- Traffic alert: Portion of Pulaski Pike closed for repair work
- Traffic alert: Pulaski Pike, Oakwood Avenue back open after accident
- Police release name of suspect in high-speed chase, wreck at Pulaski Pike and Mastin Lake
- Toney man dead after ATV collided head-on with vehicle on Pulaski Pike
- Traffic alert: Part of Pulaski Pike closed for gas line repairs
- Huntsville police: Pulaski Pike and Mastin Lake Road back open after traffic accident
- 1 driver with life-threatening injuries after Research Park, Old Madison Pike wreck
- Madison police: Avoid Hughes Road and Old Madison Pike due to wreck
- 2 taken to hospital after morning wreck