UPDATE: The Hoover Police Department now says the man shot and killed by police after running away from the scene of a shooting at a mall was not the one who fired the shots that injured an 18-year-old and a 12-year-old. The initial shooter remains at large.
The department says that Bradford did brandish a gun in the seconds following the gunshots, which it says heightened the sense of threat to police officers approaching the scene.
Emantic Fitzgerald Bradford Jr.
Body camera video has been turned over to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department and all evidence has been sent to the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, who is leading an investigation.
Read the full statement released Friday night here. The Hoover Police Department issued a notice on Monday that it will be releasing updates about the investigation to news media every Monday at 10 a.m.
Police say 21-year-old Emantic Fitzgerald Bradford from Hueytown, Alabama, was seen brandishing a gun fleeing from the scene. He was engaged and shot by police.
The Hoover Police Department says the shooting happened at Riverchase Galleria shopping mall during Black Friday shopping around 10 p.m. Thursday night, according to ABC 33/40.
Two individuals started arguing, which led to one of them to shooting the other. The shooter was shot and killed by Hoover Police while running from the scene.
ABC 33/40 also reports a 12-year-old girl was hit by gunfire and taken to Children's Hospital. The first individual shot in the altercation has been taken to UAB Hospital.
The Riverchase Galleria is closed until further notice.
- Gunman still at large after mall shooting left one dead, two others injured in Hoover
- Hoover mall shooting suspect arrested in Georgia
- Autopsy results from Hoover mall shooting to be released
- Hoover mall shooting suspect extradited to Jefferson County Jail
- AG Steve Marshall takes over Hoover mall shooting prosecution
- Strasbourg Christmas market shooting: Gunman at large after three killed
- At least 2 dead, gunman at large after shooting at Central Michigan University
- Police kill gunman in workplace shooting that left five others dead
- Birmingham hospital shooting leaves employee and suspected gunman dead
- Two dead one injured in Tennessee shooting