Huntsville Police are investigating a late-night shooting that left 20-year-old Carvell Goodlow dead.
Around 10:45 p.m. Sunday night, officers responded to a call of multiple shots fired at the Westlake Apartments on Sparkman Drive.
When police arrived, they found Goodlow lying behind one of the apartment buildings with a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators spent several hours combing the apartment complex talking with neighbors and gathering evidence. By 5:30 a.m., police detained a person for questioning in relation to the shooting. However, that individual was not officially under arrest.
WAAY31 spoke with his girlfriend and she told us he had made positive change this year after struggling with drugs and alcohol in the past.
"It was incredible. He stopped smoking, he stopped everything and he started focusing on God," Moriah Combs.
No suspect has been identified, and law enforcement is currently conducting a homicide investigation into Goodlows's death.
- One dead in fatal apartment shooting in Huntsville
- 17-year-old boy dead after accidental shooting at Huntsville apartment
- One person hospitalized after Huntsville apartment shooting
- Huntsville police: Man connected to fatal apartment shooting charged with capital murder
- Fire reported in Huntsville apartment
- Apartment complex hires Huntsville police after overnight shooting
- Huntsville Police swarm apartment complex after New Year's Eve shooting
- One victim dies after shooting at Huntsville apartment complex
- Huntsville man in serious condition after early morning apartment shooting
- Police investigating accidental shooting at Huntsville apartment complex