A man died after his truck crashed into an embankment early Sunday morning.
Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) Troopers said a man driving a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado was driving along River Mills Road when the driver left the roadway around 12:22 a.m.
Troopers said the truck then caught fire and the driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
The wreck happened about nine miles west of Athens.
Troopers have not released the identity of the driver and are continuing to investigate the fatal crash.
- One dead following wreck, truck fire in Limestone County
- 1 dead in Limestone County wreck
- One dead in motorcycle wreck in northwestern Limestone County
- Victim in deadly Limestone County wreck identified
- Teenager dies in Limestone County wreck
- Rogersville woman identified in deadly Limestone County wreck
- Overnight wreck shuts down Highway 72 in Limestone County
- High speed chase in Limestone County leads to wreck
- Child killed in wreck honored at Limestone County candlelight vigil
- Update: Arrest made in Limestone County driveway truck theft