One person is dead after a head-on crash on Highway 431 in Guntersville Monday afternoon.
Guntersville Police Department, Guntersville Fire Department and Marshall Medical Services ambulances all responded to the three-vehicle wreck in the southbound lanes of the Paul Stockton Causeway. One vehicle was heading the wrong way after crossing into oncoming traffic, police say.
Jan Slaton, 69, of Albertville was pronounced dead at the scene. Three children were in the vehicle, and one child was listed to be in critical condition at the Childern's Hospital in Birmingham. The other two were treated and released by Huntsville Hospital.
Another vehicle was driven by Jennifer Rossuck of Albertville. She is in critical condition at Huntsville Hospital. The third vehicle was driven by Deborah Cole of Albertville. She was not injured in the wreck.
Guntersville Police are investigating the cause of the wreck.
- Drivers' names released after deadly three-vehicle crash in Guntersville
- Vehicle crashes into Huntsville garage; driver flees
- Names released after deadly shooting at Huntsville IHOP
- First homicide of the year in Guntersville after deadly shooting
- Lake Guntersville named nation's second-best bass fishing lake
- Hydroplane Parade, Meet the Drivers Event in Guntersville Thursday
- Motorcycle driver sent to hospital after wreck in Guntersville
- I-Team: Investigators release motive in Guntersville triple homicide
- Bus driver convicted in deadly crash charged with rape
- Driver charged with manslaughter in deadly Huntsville crash