According to Huntsville police, one person is dead after an incident involving a Huntsville police officer. Police received a call of a suicidal individual at a home on Deramus Avenue around 4:30 p.m.
Investigators say a shot was fired after officers arrived. They also confirmed the deceased person is the same person who they received the original 911 call about.
Police said the shooting is suicide-related but they are investigating because an officer did fire their weapon at the scene.
No other details are available at this time.
- One dead in Deramus Avenue shooting
- One dead after Huntsville shooting on Crestmore Avenue
- Man dead after motorcycle crash on Castleman Avenue in Decatur
- Two victims injured in shooting at Harden Avenue in Huntsville
- Huntsville Police respond to shooting on Clinton Avenue
- Athens police respond to shooting near Levert Avenue
- Three dead in Walmart shooting
- Three dead in Jacksonville shooting
- Man hit by vehicle on Drake Avenue
- Huntsville Utilities closing portion of Clinton Avenue