Athens police turned to technology to help track down a stolen vehicle Friday.
Investigators said Rodrecous Rogers stole a vehicle in Florence and OnStar was tracking Rogers as he drove it into town.
Officers spotted Rogers and tried to stop him, but they say he would not stop. The vehicle was later disabled by OnStar on I-65, just south of US 72.
Rogers is charged with receiving stolen property and attempting to elude officers. He is in the County Jail.
- Police: OnStar technology helps nab a suspect
- Florence police nab Walmart burglary suspect
- Guntersville store owner helps police nab escapees
- Community watch group helps nab suspect in multiple vehicle break-ins
- Marshall County Sheriff’s Office nabs burglary suspect wearing belt to disguise face
- Decatur Police seeking help in identifying suspect
- Car GPS helps police catch theft suspect
- Police ask for help identifying suspect
- Police need help identifying theft suspects