Photo Gallery 2 Images
Crews will begin getting the old Gate 9 entrance on Redstone Arsenal ready for demolition starting Friday night, which will change traffic patterns at the site.
Redstone Arsenal officials said the far right bypass lane at the old gate will close down Friday evening so work can begin. The bypass lane will be turned into three lanes bypassing the old gate structure. Those bypass lanes will open Nov. 9 at 10:30 a.m.
The traffic changes only affect inbound traffic, according to Arsenal officials.
The gate demolition is expected to be done by Dec. 10.
- Old Gate 9 demolition to impact Arsenal traffic
- Redstone Arsenal quiet on government shutdown impacts
- Traffic advisory for Redstone, Construction on Gate 9
- Arsenal warns of loud explosion
- AMRDEC at Redstone Arsenal gets new director
- Secretary of the Army visits Redstone Arsenal
- Solar power project operational at Redstone Arsenal
- Death investigation underway at Redstone Arsenal
- Vehicle crashes through fence onto Redstone Arsenal
- Demolition underway at Riverwalk Marina in Decatur