OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Giselle "G'' Juarez threw a complete game to help Oklahoma beat Alabama 3-2 on Thursday night in the Women's College World Series.
The Sooners set up a matchup against rival Oklahoma State on Friday night with a berth in the semifinals on the line. The schools have never met in the World Series. Oklahoma State beat Florida 2-1 on the strength of pitcher Samantha Show's two homers.
Juarez gave up just two runs on four hits and struck out nine for top-seeded Oklahoma (55-3). Sydney Romero had two hits and scored twice for the Sooners. Claire Jenkins had two hits and scored twice for the eighth-seeded Crimson Tide (57-9).
The game was tied at 1-all in the third when Jocelyn Alo's single scored Romero to give the Sooners a 2-1 lead.
Alabama's Jenkins hit a homer in the fifth inning to tie it at 2. Oklahoma's Nicole Mendes tripled in the bottom of the sixth to score pinch-runner Raegan Rogers and give the Sooners the lead for good.
- Oklahoma tops Alabama 3-2 in the Women's College World Series
- Alabama softball defeats Texas to secure 12th trip to Women’s College World Series
- Alabama and Oklahoma announce home-and-home series
- Langworthy's homer sends Florida to College World Series
- Auburn beats UNC to advance to College World Series
- Oklahoma State, Alabama meet for NCAA title
- Alabama’s Jalen Hurts transferring to Oklahoma
- Alabama players earn top honors at the College Football Awards
- Brooks Sweetees back from World Series
- Oregon State wins 5-3 to force Game 3 of College World Series