STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) - Oklahoma State avenged its loss to Alabama from four years ago while blasting the Crimson Tide to win the NCAA men's golf championship on its home course Wednesday.
Vitkor Hovland never trailed in the opening match against Lee Hodges in a 4-and-3 victory. Zach Bouchou won five straight holes, holing out a bunker shot on his way to an 8-and-7 victory over Jonathan Hardee.
Matthew Wolff delivered the clinching point, a 4-and-3 victory over Davis Riley, and the celebration was on at Karsten Creek Golf Club.
The Cowboys had the home crowd on their side, and they gave their orange-clad fans plenty to cheer.
Oklahoma State won its 11th NCAA title, second only to Houston's 16.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Oklahoma State wins national title at home
- Oklahoma State, Alabama meet for NCAA title
- Mars Hill Bible Wins First State Title
- Pineview Christian Academy wins state title
- Alabama and Oklahoma announce home-and-home series
- SEC Match Up for National Title
- Muscle Shoals wins boys and girls state golf titles
- Decatur Heritage wins first basketball title
- Teams compete for volleyball state title
- Oklahoma approves adoption bill targeting LGBT