STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) - Oklahoma State freshman Austin Eckroat made a 6-foot birdie on the final hole Tuesday morning for a decisive victory, and then won the match that sent the Cowboys in the title match on their home course in the NCAA men's golf championship.
Oklahoma State faces Alabama, which swept its five matches to beat Duke in the other semifinal at Karsten Creek Golf Club.
The Cowboys will be going for their first NCAA title since 2006, and their first since the NCAA switched to match play for the team title in 2009. They have been runner-up twice since then.
Alabama is going for its third NCAA title in the last six years. The Tide beat Oklahoma State in the finals of the 2014 NCAAs.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Oklahoma State, Alabama meet for NCAA title
- Oklahoma State wins national title at home
- Arizona outlasts Alabama for NCAA women's golf title
- Alabama’s Jalen Hurts transferring to Oklahoma
- Alabama A&M releases statement regarding NCAA announcement
- 2018 Capital One Orange Bowl: Alabama vs. Oklahoma
- Alabama and Oklahoma announce home-and-home series
- Reports: Alabama QB Jalen Hurts enters NCAA transfer portal
- Alabama, Penn State basketball to meet in 2018
- State: Lawyers for Alabama shooting victim meet with police