UPDATE: (10:30 p.m.) A suspect is in custody. Deputies say Timothy Summers of Paint Rock has been charged with attempted 1st degree assault, reckless endangerment, shooting into an unoccupied vehicle, criminal mischief 2nd degree and possession of a controlled substance. Deputies also say, SWAT had to use explosives to break down the door to get into the home when Summers refused to leave after hours. This isn't the first time they've been called to this road. Deputies say this is their 3rd time being involved in a standoff with Summers.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office is at the scene of an active standoff on County Road 1 in Paint Rock.
Deputies arrived around 5 p.m. after neighbors said a man was firing a weapon at homes and cars. Deputies say when they arrived, they heard shots fired from inside the home. They also said no one has been hurt, and they are holding a perimeter.
According to a firefighter with the Paint Rock Volunteer Fire Department, a SWAT unit from the Madison County Sheriff's Office is assisting at the scene, along with an ambulance from Highlands Medical Center.
County Road 1 is blocked off as this situation continues.
- Suspect in custody after standoff on County Road 1 in Jackson County
- Lauderdale County standoff suspect surrenders peacefully
- Men arrested for drugs after Jackson County standoff
- Jackson County murder suspect posts bond
- Suspect charged for Jackson County murder
- Madison County robbery suspect in custody
- Two in custody after body found in Jackson County
- Woman dies after being found on road in Jackson County
- Loaded gasoline tanker slides off road in Jackson County
- Jackson County stabbing suspect turns himself into authorities