On Tuesday, fire crews responded to a house fire in Harvest just after midnight.
The Madison County Sheriff's Office said there was no one home at the time of the fire. A representative from the state Fire Marshall's Office and a Madison County investigator will be back on Tuesday to investigate.
The home was declared a total loss. Tim Westwick with the Harvest Volunteer Fire Department said the fire started in the kitchen, and officials suspect it started on the stove.
Neighbors say this isn't the first time the homeowners have had to pick up the pieces. Their original home was destroyed by a tornado in 2011, and they were building this house for years.
The homeowner got into a car wreck around midnight, and his daughter left the house to make sure he was okay. Westwick said the fire department suspects the daughter left something on in the kitchen while rushing out of the house to help her father.
The house has no power meter to it, and it was running on temporary power.