A Huntsville Police Department officer has been arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.
Justin Jamar Willis was arrested by Alabama State Troopers and charged with misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol early Sunday morning, confirmed Lt. Michael Johnson, Huntsville police spokesman.
Willis paid a $1,000 bond after spending about 12 hours in the Madison County Jail.
Johnson confirmed Willis was off-duty at the time of the arrest and will be on desk duty while law enforcement investigates the incident.
- Off-duty Huntsville police officer charged with DUI
- Off-duty Ider police officer arrested for DUI
- Case dismissed for Huntsville police officer charged with DUI
- HPD officer charged with DUI
- Huntsville community supports police after officer killed on duty
- Woman charged with DUI
- DUI charges against HPD officer dropped
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Huntsville police officer is 6th Alabama officer killed in line of duty in 2019
- Huntsville Police Officer charged with murder