Showers and even a few rumbles of thunder will be possible through Thursday morning. At the same time some areas of North Alabama could remain dry all the way through Thursday afternoon.
The next chance for isolated strong to severe storms will be Thursday night and into early Friday morning. The main window for storms will be 10:00 pm Thursday through 2:00 am Friday. The main concern is for damaging straight line winds. Some hail is also possible but likely staying below damaging size.
The active wet pattern will continue through the foreseeable future for North Alabama. Each day through the next 7 there will be chances for rain but many days will have long periods of dry weather. Expect an additional 2-3" of rain through the middle of next week. With this rain spread out over a 7 day period the flood threat is still low to unlikely at this point but we will monitor each day closely.
- Off and on showers, strong storms possible late Thursday
- Showers today, strong storms Monday
- Showers Monday, strong to severe thunderstorms Thursday
- Strong to severe storms possible late tonight
- Showers, a few strong storms possible today
- Spotty showers Sunday, strong storms Tuesday
- Strong to severe storms possible Thursday
- Quiet Wednesday, strong storms possible Thursday
- Strong to severe storms before sunrise Thursday
- Strong winds left damage after Thursday's storms