A Decatur woman is charged with assaulting an 87-year-old woman at the nursing home where she worked.
Kyla Dionne Brown, 40, was arrested Monday on a charge of second-degree elder abuse and neglect.
Decatur police said the woman, a resident of River City Assisted Living, reported an assault to them on July 22. Brown was suspended after the incident was reported, police said, and has since been fired by the facility.
Brown's bond was set at $5,000.
- Nursing home employee charged with elder abuse
- Decatur Police name nursing home from elder abuse case
- Former employees at Guntersville nursing home arrested for elder and sexual abuse
- NEIGHBOR REACTION: Decatur woman charged with elder abuse
- Stan Lee’s former manager arrested on elder abuse charges
- Decatur police charge man with elder abuse of his mother
- Decatur police charge 2 with elder abuse, say victim tried to overdose
- 'I fear for my life:' Victim concerned after Decatur couple charged with elder abuse out of jail
- Governor Ivey awards grants to help victims of domestic violence and elder abuse
- German nurse charged with 97 more murders