In order to inspire the next group of students for the world of advanced manufacturing, a local community college held the first of a series of open house events.
On Thursday, Northwest-Shoals Community College welcomed high school students from Colbert, Franklin and Winston counties as part of its "Discover Your Claim to FAME" series.
The event is designed to educate students about the NW-SCC chapter of the Federation of Advanced Manufacturing Education (FAME) program. Students in the program can earn as much as $33,500 over two years while they take classes and work in various companies.
Students were able to meet with representatives of multiple companies, including FLEXCO, Mid-South Central Extrusion Die Company and North American Lighting.
To learn more about the FAME program at NW-SCC, click here.
- Northwest-Shoals Community College holds FAME open house
- Northwest Shoals Community College starts new skilled trade program
- Florence City Schools and Northwest Shoals Community College partner up for early college program
- Muscle Shoals, FAME rhythm section drummer Jerry Carrigan dies
- Shoals student earns prestigious fire college scholarship
- Calhoun Community College to host open house for Virginia College Students
- Community in Shoals Prepares for potential flooding
- Calhoun Community College holds Manufacturing Day for high school students
- Shoals community mourns the loss of beloved community member
- Skilled to Work: Alabama expands FAME program to three additional community colleges