According to the former fire chief and a former firefighter, after the chief resigned on Monday there were no volunteer firefighters left at the North Courtland station.
The Lawrence County Firefighters Association froze funding to the North Courtland station due to what they called inaccurate budget reports. Monday night, the town held a meeting intended to draw more volunteers for the department. The former chief told us no one showed up.
The chief sited family obligations for his own resignation. He told WAAY Courtland, Hillsboro and Town Creek stations are all teaming up to help North Courtland. There seems to be no clear plan yet to get the station more volunteers.
- North Courtland fire department left without firefighters
- Police: carbon monoxide likely killed 2 North Courtland men
- Makeshift homes could be outlawed in North Courtland
- Courtland home invasion led to deadly shooting
- More jobs coming to Huntsville and Courtland
- Rogersville Volunteer Fire Department honors 9/11 firefighters
- Tensions high at North Courtland town hall as mayor faces scandal
- Courtland wants high speed internet to bring in businesses
- Lockheed Martin breaks ground on new weapons facility in Courtland
- Local fire departments see shortage of female firefighters