WAAY 31's Steven Dilsizen was live in Sewanee, Tennessee Monday morning where he reported a couple of inches for snowfall and provided pictures.
A light, wet snow has been falling across higher elevations of northeast Alabama with temperatures dipping into the mid 30s overnight - that includes the higher terrain of Madison county around Green Mountain and Monte Sano. Accumulating snow is possible for locations closest to the Tennessee state line where snow has been heavier and more persistent.
Since ground temperatures are above freezing and the snow hasn't been heavy around Huntsville, it is mainly sticking to vehicles in Madison County. That being said, be mindful of bridges and overpasses as those are the first to freeze if roads begin to become slick. Is it snowing in your neighborhood? Send us your photos at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- North Alabama overnight snow showers
- Snow flurries, freeze warning in north Alabama
- Few overnight showers, afternoon sunshine Sunday
- LIVE BLOG: Snow and road conditions across north Alabama
- Tamiflu concerns in North Alabama
- Rain impacts north Alabama crops
- Overnight fire under investigation
- Overnight fire destroys trailer
- North Alabama releases 2018 football schedule
- North Alabama schools preparing for auto growth