New details are coming out about a deadly fire in the Moores Mill community of Madison County.
The Alabama Department of Insurance says Jeff Humphrey, 78, died as a result of the fire, which happened Monday.
The fire happened on Federal Lane just off Winchester Road. Firefighters with the Moores Mill Volunteer Fire Department worked to get Humphrey, who was disabled, out of the house. He was confined to his bed.
Paramedics with HEMSI treated Humphrey before taking him to a hospital where he died.
Authorities tell WAAY 31 the fire was contained to a back bedroom.
While the fire remains under investigation, it appears the fire was set accidentally.
- No foul play suspected in deadly Moores Mill fire
- Sheriff's office: Human remains found in Madison County development, no foul play suspected
- Victim, suspect identified in Opry Mills shooting
- Police say missing Alabama teen Aniah Blanchard now considered victim of foul play
- Moores Mill Road shut down after multi-vehicle wreck
- Neighbors on Moores Mill Road state safety concerns
- Large power outage in Moores Mill/Chase area
- Madison Co. Sheriff's Office investigating after weekend shooting at Moores Mill Volunteer Fire Dept.
- Madison residents calling foul on proposed baseball field
- 1 dead after Opry Mills Mall shooting, suspect in custody