We are finding out more about D.J. Durkin, the ex Maryland Coach's, role with the Crimson Tide.
According to ESPN, Durkin is only offering input ahead of Alabama's matchup with Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl.
Nick Saban released a statement Friday on the matter.
"D.J. Durkin is spending a few days with our staff in Tuscaloosa from a professional development standpoint. He has not been hired in any capacity at The University of Alabama. He is simply observing our operation as many other coaches have done through the years."
- Nick Saban releases statement on status of D.J. Durkin
- DJ Durkin consulting for The Tide
- Despite loss, Nick Saban says Alabama deserves chance at CFP
- Nick Saban Back in his Old Stomping Grounds
- Nick Saban speaks on mental health in sports
- Saban concerned about defensive depth
- Nick Saban finishes top 10 in Morgan County for US Senate special election
- Alabama extends Saban's contract through 2025 season
- Ingram releases statement challenging NFL suspension
- Alabama A&M releases statement regarding NCAA announcement