Downtown Huntsville is celebrating a new boutique hotel. Mayor Tommy Battle stopped by the AC Marriott Hotel Friday morning to help them celebrate their ribbon cutting.
The hotel opened in March, but they cut the ribbon Friday. It is across from Big Spring Park and is part of the City Center development. Mayor Battle said the goal is to have 1,000 hotel rooms near the Von Braun Center. Employees say they're already seeing a lot of foot traffic.
"It's a great addition to the landscape of the park across the street. Right next to the VBC, so we see people walking from the VBC afterward to have a drink. So it's been great," said Nadia Niakossary, the project coordinator for RCP companies.
This is Alabama's first AC Marriott.
- New hotel in Downtown Huntsville celebrates grand opening
- Foster Academy celebrates grand opening
- New hotel slated to open in Downtown Huntsville
- Huntsville City Council OKs new downtown hotel
- Hyatt House hotel coming to downtown Huntsville
- First cycle track opens in downtown Huntsville
- Grand opening Wednesday for new Aldi in Huntsville
- Grand opening at Stovehouse development in Huntsville planned for Friday
- Businesses happy Church Street in downtown Huntsville is now open
- City of Huntsville moves forward with plans for new hotels downtown