New changes are at Tanner High School to help students prepare for life after graduation.
The new renovated Limestone County Career Technical Center is on Tanner's campus this year. Now students won't have to leave the campus to take special courses at the tech center. Under the program students can take finance, family consumer science and agriculture classes. A new commercial grade greenhouse will also be built at Tanner.
"It's a huge agriculture community. We want project-based learning. We want them to run this greenhouse, operate a business so they're getting the finance, the business and the marketing, the skills and agriculture all in one project-based learning facility here on campus," said Tanner High School's Principal Debbie Kenyon.
Students also have the opportunity to take more advance placement courses this year. The school plans for the greenhouse construction to be complete by this spring.
- New career tech center at Tanner High School
- Tanner High School principal fired
- Meet Tanner High's new principal
- Madison County Schools Career Tech Center receives HVAC units
- Tanner Elementary School and Tanner High School closing early due to water main break
- Tanner High School Principal was put on administrative leave
- Superintendent to weigh in on Tanner High School principal issue
- Tanner high school principal speaks out about getting fired
- Franklin County School System adds more career tech programs
- Tanner woman dies in crash