NEW YORK (AP) - Tim Tebow will be at spring training with the New York Mets.
The 30-year-old outfielder was among nine spring training invitees announced by the team Friday.
The former Heisman Trophy winner and NFL quarterback is preparing for his second professional baseball season. He hit .226 with eight homers, 52 RBIs and 126 strikeouts in 126 games last year at Class A with Columbia in the South Atlantic League and Port St. Lucie in the Florida State League.
Tebow was 4 for 27 (.148) with no extra-base hits, one walk and eight strikeouts in nine spring training games for the Mets last year.
New York also invited first baseman Peter Alonso, infielder David Thompson, outfielder Kevin Kaczmarski, catcher Patrick Mazeika, left-hander P.J. Conlon and right-handers Drew Smith, Corey Taylor and Adonis Uceta.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
1/19/2018 2:51:47 PM (GMT -6:00)
- New York Mets invite Tim Tebow to Spring Training Camp
- Huntsville Havoc opens training camp
- Special Reese's Senior Bowl invitation
- Met Opera plays to youngest-ever audience
- Vice President met with Supreme Court candidates
- Training kids to kill at Ukrainian nationalist camp
- 4th Annual N2Hoops Thanksgiving Basketball Invitational
- Jones met with cheers as he casts his ballot
- Three Springs facility safety improvements
- Nazi labor camp guard living in New York deported to Germany