NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The New York Jets held onto the third pick and took defensive tackle Quinnen Williams of Alabama, a dominant man in the trenches accustomed to playing in big games. The Jets were widely speculated to want to trade down, but instead got a building block for their defense and new coach Adam Gase.
Not even a starter before 2018, Williams won the Outland Trophy last season and is Alabama's highest-drafted defensive player since linebacker Cornelius Bennett went No. 2 overall in 1987.
- New York Jets select Alabama's Quinnen Williams as third overall pick in 2019 NFL Draft
- Cincinnati Bengals pick Alabama's Jonah Williams in first round of 2019 NFL Draft
- New England Patriots pick Alabama's Damien Harris in Round 3 of 2019 NFL Draft
- Oakland Raiders pick Alabama's Josh Jacobs in first round of 2019 NFL Draft
- Houston Texans pick Alabama State's Tytus Howard in first round of 2019 NFL Draft
- Minnesota Vikings pick Alabama's Irv Smith Jr. in Round 2 of 2019 NFL Draft
- Nashville to host 2019 NFL draft
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers pick Auburn's Jamel Dean in Round 3 of 2019 NFL Draft
- Minkah, Rashaan talk NFL Draft
- Fitzpatrick among 5 Alabama underclassmen entering NFL draft