Dollar General announced the plan to open a new store at 6201 West Madison Pike in Huntsville this coming Saturday, May 12.
This store replaces one which burned down last summer.
According to Dollar General, the first 50 adult shoppers at the store will receive a $10 gift card and the first 200 shoppers will receive a Dollar General tote bag with complimentary product samples.
While the company didn't specify how many people are employed at this particular location, they wrote how the typical store employs between 6 and 10 workers.
This store comes as Dollar General is in the midst of a massive expansion of stores across the country, many in more urbanized area considered "food deserts," the term used to describe areas without a supermarket.
- New Huntsville Dollar General replaces one destroyed in a fire
- Dollar General having free giveaways at new Huntsville store
- Early morning fire destroys Huntsville apartment building
- Huntsville house fire leaves inside destroyed
- Home destroyed, firefighter injured from Huntsville fire
- Second arrest made in Dollar General robbery
- Athens police seek Dollar General robbery suspect
- Dollar General hosting job fair in Decatur
- Overnight fire destroys trailer
- Huntsville fire: Abandoned home destroyed in structure fire