WAAY 31 is learning more about the safety concerns of Moores Mill Road.
We first reported Tuesday morning that two people were ejected from their vehicle in a multi-vehicle wreck. Three people were also injured. State troopers still haven't released the identity of the victims.
Many neighbors said they understand county commissioners have done all they can to reduce car wrecks from happening on Moores Mill Road, so they say it's now up to the drivers to ensure safety.
"My granddaughter got out of the car one day and a car comes through the yard and almost hit her," said Chris Bolding.
Chris Bolding said he's tired of the repeated accidents on Moores Mill Road.
"We've had people drive up the driveway and run over mailboxes and everything else here," Bolding said.
When he and his wife heard about the multi-vehicle wreck early Tuesday morning, he wasn't surprised.
"Nobody does the speed limit. We can stand here for the next five minutes and you'll see somebody flying down the road," Bolding said.
I reached out to County Commissioner Roger Jones. He said 45 mph is a safe speed limit for Moores Mill Road. The curve leading up to where the wreck happened even has a high friction surface with a reduced speed limit.
Commissioner Jones and the Madison County Sheriff's office also said, outside of speeding, many drivers are distracted.
Bolding said, until something changes, he's making sure his family is safe.
"We're scared to let the dog come out here. We don't let the dog come out in the front yard or let the grand kids come out in the front yard," Bolding said.
According to Alabama State Troopers, the two vehicles involved are completely totaled.
- Neighbors on Moores Mill Road state safety concerns
- Moores Mill Road shut down after multi-vehicle wreck
- Concerned neighbors discuss pool safety after boy nearly drowns
- House fire on Chadwell Road has neighbors concerned
- Moore's Mill firefighters get rare training
- 1 injured in motorcycle wreck at Winchester Road, Moores Mill Road
- Hughes, Mill roads back open after wreck
- Update: Moores Mill Road in Huntsville reopened after car hit train
- No foul play suspected in deadly Moores Mill fire
- Large power outage in Moores Mill/Chase area