The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is considered the best large agency to work for in the federal government, according to new rankings.
The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government 2017 rankings show NASA ranked first among 18 large agencies, and its index score has increased from 2016 to 2017. Employees at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center on Redstone Arsenal also gave their employer high marks, as the center ranked fifth among 150 agency subcomponents.
The majority of the data this rankings system uses is based on information that the Office of Personnel Management collects through its Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey along with survey responses from 12,000 federal workers from nine agencies. The ranking methodology factors in percentage of positive responses to workplace satisfaction and environment questions.
The Department of the Army ranked 13 out of 18 large agencies with an index score ranking below the median level, and it ranks on par with the cumulative score of the Department of Defense.
Other agency subcomponents ranked that have a Huntsville presence include the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (36), Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives (ATF) (67), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) (69), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) (72), Missile Defense Agency (MDA) (123), Army Materiel Command (AMC) (126) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) (148). 150 agency subcomponents are currently ranked, and Best Places to Work says it will have an updated list in 2018.
- NASA named one of best places to work in federal government
- NASA names acting director at Marshall Space Flight Center
- Alabama farmer accused of stealing money from Federal Government
- Limestone County man accused of defrauding federal government
- State of NASA Address
- NASA Shipper Launches Supplies
- Madison named 'The Best Place to Live in Alabama'
- NASA launches NOAA weather satellite
- NASA releases Curiosity rover findings
- LIVE: NASA SpaceApps Hackathon Challenge