The principal of McBride Elementary School in Muscle Shoals has been placed on paid administrative leave.
Alan Willingham was placed on leave Sunday afternoon until further notice, said Brian Lindsey, superintendent of Muscle Shoals City Schools.
“I do not comment on personnel matters,” Lindsey said.
According to the school’s website, Willingham is in his second year as the school’s principal and this is his 21st year in education.
In 2017, Willingham and the district came under scrutiny for firing McBride Elementary teacher, Blake Jarmon. Many parents felt like Jarmon was wrongfully fired, and they did not like how the school system handled the investigation.
Parents started a petition to get Jarmon his job back, but the school system never reinstated him. The school board said it fired Jarmon for improper conduct.
It's unclear if or when Willingham will be back at work. The Muscle Shoals Police Department told WAAY 31 they do not have any open or closed investigations on Willingham.
- Muscle Shoals principal placed on indefinite leave
- Muscle Shoals principal resigns after being placed on leave
- Muscle Shoals TV Show Confirmed
- Muscle Shoals' pre-game routine
- Muscle Shoals Education Foundation raises $90,000
- Muscle Shoals parents upset after teacher firing
- Tuscumbia man killed in Muscle Shoals wreck
- One dead in Muscle Shoals shooting
- Muscle Shoals basketball punches Final Four ticket
- Muscle Shoals homes evacuated due to flooding