Photo Gallery 1 Images
WAAY 31 has confirmed that ABC has bought the rights to the Muscle Shoals TV series.
Rene Rigal, executive producer on the Muscle Shoals TV series and chief creative officer for Virgin Produced, told WAAY 31 they were working to get this series in development for a while.
Right now, they are developing the scripts. Rigal said if ABC loves the scripts, the TV series will go straight into production. Rigal said they fell in love with the energy of the Shoals, and the rich musical history. They met with FAME Recording Studios founder Rick Hall on numerous occasions before his passing in January 2018. The series will be based around Hall's life and the social issues musicians faced during their careers.
"We're further along because now we have a television partner in ABC, which is fantastic. We couldn't have hoped for a better partner. Now were in the creative stage which is no different that what Rick did here with the albums," said Rigal.
Johnny Depp and his production company are also involved in the project. WAAY 31 asked Rigal if everything goes well, could the series be shot in the Shoals? He said it's their goal to shoot parts of the series in the Shoals area.
The Muscle Shoals TV series is in the very early stages of development. They don't have any actors slated yet, but Rigal said they are going to fight like crazy to tell this story.
- Muscle Shoals TV series moves along in development
- Muscle Shoals TV Show Confirmed
- Muscle Shoals' pre-game routine
- Muscle Shoals Education Foundation raises $90,000
- Muscle Shoals parents upset after teacher firing
- Tuscumbia man killed in Muscle Shoals wreck
- One dead in Muscle Shoals shooting
- Muscle Shoals basketball punches Final Four ticket
- Muscle Shoals homes evacuated due to flooding
- Muscle Shoals state basketball run falls short