WAAY 31 exclusively confirmed that ABC has bought the rights to the Muscle Shoals TV series.
WAAY 31's Breken Terry spoke with one fo the executive producers on this project.
Breken Terry: Rene Rigal was here in Muscle Shoals. He is the Chief Creative Officer for Virgin Produced and Executive Producer on this Muscle Shoals TV series.
Rigal tells us they have been working on this for a long time. And right now they are developing the scripts. If ABC loves the scripts the tv series will go straight into production. Rigal tells us they fell in love with the energy of "The Shoals, Our Rich Musical History". The series will be based around Fame Record Studios founder, the late Rick Hall.
Rene Rigal: We're further along because now we have a television partner in ABC which is fantastic. We couldn't have hoped for a better partner. But now we're in the creative stage which is no different than what Rick did here in the albums.
Johnny Depp is also involved in this project. We asked Rigal if everything goes well, could the series be shot here in the Shoals and he said it's their goal to have parts of the series shot here in the Shoals.
The Muscle Shoals TV series is in the very early stages of development. They don't have any actors slated yet, but Rigal tells me they are going to fight like crazy to tell this story. Live in Muscle Shoals, Breken Terry, WAAY 31 News.
- Muscle Shoals TV Show Confirmed
- Muscle Shoals TV series moves along in development
- Muscle Shoals Education Foundation raises $90,000
- Muscle Shoals parents upset after teacher firing
- Tuscumbia man killed in Muscle Shoals wreck
- "Father of Muscle Shoals Music" Dead at 85
- Hundreds attend funeral for Muscle Shoals music pioneer Rick Hall
- Police: Woman stole vehicles from Muscle Shoals apartment complex
- A Muscle Shoals' parent seeks change with the school board
- Muscle Shoals gives up early lead to Hoover