According to Tim Gann with the Madison County District Attorney's Office, the murder trial for Huntsville Police Department Officer William Benjamin “Ben” Darby that was scheduled for Monday, April 8th will be continued.
Gann said the case has been stayed, because the defense intends to file an appeal after the immunity hearing on Wednesday. He said a new trial date will be set after a decision is made on the appeal.
For more information about Wednesday's hearing, click HERE.
- Murder trial for Huntsville police officer will be continued
- Huntsville Police Officer charged with murder
- Gag order issued for Huntsville officer's murder trial
- Judge OKs delay in Huntsville officer’s murder trial hearing
- Huntsville officer's pre-murder trial conference moved indefinitely
- Trial set in Huntsville capital murder case
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Trial date set for Huntsville Police Department officer charged with murder
- Community continues to show support for fallen Huntsville police officer
- Immunity request denied for Huntsville police officer charged with murder