According to the Jackson County Chief Deputy, Rocky Harnen, officials are investigating a murder-suicide that happened Saturday night in Bryant.
Harnen said it's believed that 36-year-old Joey Hollis shot and killed 48-year-old Kathryn Nichols and then shot and killed himself. There were witnesses at the home when the shooting happened. The two lived together at the home on County Road 131.
Neighbors and family did not want to talk to the media on camera, but they said Hollis and Nichols were in a relationship for a few months. They had friends over on Saturday night and eventually Hollis and Nichols got into a heated argument. Neighbors said the couple had come back from Talladega Saturday morning, which is where Hollis is from.
WAAY 31 learned that Nichols was a nurse at Parkridge Medical Center in Chattanooga, and she had a daughter.
- Murder-Suicide under investigation in Jackson County
- Jackson County murder suspect posts bond
- Suspect charged for Jackson County murder
- Update: murder-suicide reported in Limestone County
- Police investigate stabbing incident in Jackson County
- Decatur police investigate murder-suicide on Wheat Avenue
- Jackson County murder suspect found not competent, bond revoked
- Two dead in apparent Morgan County murder-suicide
- Jackson Co. attempted murder suspect bonds out of jail
- Inmate dies at Jackson County Jail