Huntsville emergency officials responded to a weather-related wreck at Memorial Parkway and Bob Wallace Avenue Friday evening.
Lt. Johnson with Huntsville police said wet roads and following too close were the cause of the wreck. Since 6:15 p.m., five weather-related wrecks have been reported in Huntsville on Friday.
Officials ask people to slow down and drive carefully.
The amount of rain we're expecting to get in the next couple of days is causing some in Huntsville to be concerned about traffic accidents and delays, "I feel like it's going to be crazy over the next few days," said Anna Sapach.
Sapach lives and works in Huntsville. In her experience, "People don't know how to drive in the rain in huntsville and so it's kind of scary," said Sapach.
Huntsville police told WAAY 31 the accident on Memorial Parkway near Bob Wallace was because someone was following too close for the wet roads. They said another accident on Memorial Parkway near the Martin Road exit was also because of the weather.
Huntsville Police want people to slow way down and drive cautiously.
Sapach is not looking forward to what the roads will be like over the next couple of days, "It's just gonna be crazy," said Sapach.
- Multiple weather-related wrecks reported in Huntsville
- Multiple wrecks reported along I-565
- Multiple suspects arrested for drug-related charges in DeKalb County
- Multiple shootings in north Huntsville over weekend
- Huntsville development adding multiple music venues
- Huntsville Police searching for multiple theft suspects
- Downtown Huntsville wreck knocks over pole
- 1 dead in early morning Huntsville wreck
- State Troopers work a Marshall County wreck with multiple injuries
- Multiple victims reported in Maryland shooting