Saturday morning update from Huntsville Police spokesman Lt. Michael Johnson:
Huntsville Police arrested Haley League, 26, on a murder warrant late Friday night at a residence in the City of New Hope. New Hope police received a tip about her whereabouts and arrived at the residence but was unable to get her and a male to come outside.
After a search warrant was obtained by HPD Major Crimes Investigators, HPD Officers and SWAT team members arrived. After other efforts to get them to come out failed, tear gas was used. League did come out prior to HPD SWAT using tear gas to get the male out.
League’s arrest was due to the 7th Avenue murder of Gilberto Estrada last week and it is still an ongoing investigation.
Johnson said the victim and League met online. League's bond is set at $60,000.
Huntsville police, New Hope police and Owens Cross Roads police are conducting an investigation in a neighborhood off Hwy. 431 in New Hope.
Huntsville police say this is tied to the investigation of the murder of Gilberto Estrada, who was found shot to death in the 3000 block of 7th Avenue on Saturday.
One woman and one man are in custody, police said.
Another man who was inside the residence but is not tied to the murder investigation also has been taken into custody.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and WAAYTV.com online for updates.
- Police: Woman charged in Huntsville murder investigation
- Huntsville police investigating Thursday night murder
- Huntsville Police Officer charged with murder
- Huntsville police charge man with murder
- Huntsville police investigating robbery
- Sister speaks after Huntsville teens charged with woman's murder
- Huntsville woman charged with murder in August death
- Huntsville police arrest 3rd suspect in Beaumont Place murder investigation
- Police investigating shooting in Huntsville
- Huntsville police investigate robbery shooting