Photo Gallery 11 Images
Update: The fire has been extinguished. It was near Lynn Fanning Elementary School on Moores Mill Road.
Tim Hall, a spokesperson with Madison County Schools, said the school was not impacted. A fire engine was dedicated to stay near the school to make sure it wasn't impacted.
The Hazel Green, New Market, Moores Mill, Central and Meridianville volunteer fire departments, along with Huntsville Emergency Medical Services Inc. and Red Cross, responded. About 20 acres of the soybean field were burned.
Moores Mill Volunteer Fire tells WAAY 31 the cause of the fire was related to the drought. The fire started around 1:45 p.m. Tuesday and was extinguished around 2:30 p.m.
No one was injured from the fire.
Multiple fire departments are battling a brush fire in Meridianville.
Moores Mill Volunteer Fire tells WAAY 31 the department has crews on the way to the scene, where there are already about five other volunteer fire departments. The call of the fire came in around 2 p.m. Tuesday.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and online for updates.
- Multiple departments battle Meridianville brush fire
- Multiple departments battle fire at Pilgrim's Pride Chicken Plant
- Jeep overturns on Meridianville road
- New principal named for Meridianville Middle School
- Meridianville Bottom Road closed for three days
- Meridianville man killed in crash near Montgomery
- Man stabbed during argument in Meridianville
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities restores power to Meridianville
- Meridianville home floods after drain overflows
- Meridianville man dies in Huntsville crash