JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (AP) - Nine men are facing charges of second-degree rape after authorities reported making arrests in a series of alleged statutory rapes on the Jacksonville State University campus.
News outlets report Cmdr. Allen George of the Seventh Judicial Circuit Major Crimes Task Force says the men range from 18 to 22 years in age and are from Anniston, Jacksonville, Centre and Guntersville, Alabama. All have been released on bond. Their names weren't released.
George says Jacksonville Police asked his agency to investigate one complaint but investigators became aware of other alleged incidents. The alleged crimes took place at halls and in a parking lot on campus early in the year.
The incidents were made public Sept. 11. Authorities say no additional suspects are being sought and no students currently are in any danger.
- Multiple arrests made after series of rapes on Jacksonville State campus
- 12th man arrested in statutory rape case at Jacksonville State University
- Multiple arrests made in crimes against children raid
- Multiple arrests made in connection with heroin trafficking organization
- Three dead in Jacksonville shooting
- Jacksonville State University releases security cam video of tornado
- Jacksonville State draws Ole Miss in NCAA Oxford Regional
- Jacksonville State's Josh Pearson poised for breakout year
- Cameron Alford's 18 points helps Bulldogs defeat Jacksonville State
- Red Bay man facing multiple rape, sodomy charges